Friday, October 5, 2012

The October Crush - Planning for NaNoWriMo

Resources - Part One!

Goodness it is already October!  That means NaNoWriMo is just around the corner and I have decided that this is my year.

I have decided I am going to use October to the best of my benefit.  This includes outlining (phrase/snowflake/etc), plot diagrams, character sheets, and just about anything else I can find that people use.  Obviously most people don't go over board through all of this, but I figure if I am going to find a method that works for me I should try as many that make sense.

Another resource I just found is Brandon Sanderson's, a favorite author of mine, creative writing course from BU online at Write About Dragons.  The course work involves 50k words written of a new novel.  Obviously the students would be doing this during the course but since NaNoWriMo is just around the corner I decided to watch and take notes through all the lectures and put them into practice for November.

Throughout October as I go through these different resources I will post about how well I feel each one has prepared me for November, and HOPEFULLY, through it all be able to mush the parts I like together into something of my own going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment